 Underground / 94
Review: 4980 Tunnel Transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 02:13:13 GMT

Man, four lego sets in the last three weeks.  That is a pretty big bundle for
me, considering I usually only get one set per month.  The 4980 Tunnel
Transport is my latest one, and most expensive.  It is much harder to build
than the 4970 Chrome Crusher, and has more than twice the number of pieces of
that set.  The Tunnel Transport has a front and back section, joint section in
the middle, a cargo hold, a ground vehicle and a hovercraft.  The front is a
cockpit with room for two, but I only keep the chick fig in the cockpit and
the gray fig with the confederate cap in the ground vehicle.  The back section
apparently serves no purpose except for structural integrity.  The two tubular
objects hold the two halves together, and although it is not quite stringing
Odysseus's bow, it is rather hard to be able to join the thin midsection with
the two sides.  The cargo hold and the ground vehicle can each attach to the
middle with magnets, which is good for play, but as you hold most big ship
type vehicles by the middle, forces you to hold the tunnel transport
awkwardly.  Also, I expected an electronic light system but there is none.
Overall a good set and fun to play with.  3 out of 5 studs.