 Underground / 358
Re: London Underground 1995 Tube Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:08:07 GMT

In lugnet.underground, David Tabner wrote:
   Mind the Gap!

This is my 95ts train. It is the third of my LU creations but the first one to be functionally complete.

The 1995 Tube Stock was built by GEC Aslthom Metro Cammell (now Alstom) as part of the PFI (priviate finance initiative) for the London Underground on a 25 year lease. The stock operates on the Northern Line and numbers some 106 6-car trains. 95ts is virtually identical to the 96ts that operates on the Jubilee Line but the latter entered service first due to ‘commissioning difficulties’. The 95ts entered service on 12th June 1998 replacing 56ts, 59ts and 62ts on the Northern Line.

   The Brickshelf gallery (when moderated): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=146273

“This service terminates at Edgeware” (or High Barnet, Morden or Kennington!)

Thanks for reading,

David

David, the train looks great. It’s amazing you could get a scale train in at a 8 brick max hieght. I’ll have to try the WD-40 myself. Does it have any interior detail, or a driver in the cab?

I’m horribly lazy about building interiors, but I like to have an engineer/driver when I can.