 Underground / 143
Re: Night-Vision Goggles???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Frank Buiting writes:

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
In my opion, they're just practical.  If you're in a dark underground mine • and
your job depends on finding hidden crystals, you would want night vison
goggles or a flashlight.

Maybe less futuristic, but how about dust goggles? While drilling all that
rock a lot of dust and tiny bits of rock fly off in all directions. Some
protective eyewear is mandatory in my Rock Raider colony! Hmm... maybe
that's a good idea, adding a locker room to the facility where all the
personal equipment and suits are stored...

My first reaction to seeing the Bandit minifig was that he needed a little
protection for both his eyes and his nose and mouth. The others are a little
better. I agree that the Rock Raiders HQ needs an actual room.  You build a few
towers and wonder "Hey, where did my 400 pieces go?"  It is a very
incomplete-looking set, but the sliding cart that dumps the rock into the truck
is incredibly fun.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/