 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 170
169  |  171
Subject:
May
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:09:37 GMT

Wow; looks like I missed May. So, a quick recap of May:

We decided to recreate Rice Park in St. Paul, MN, complete with The St. Paul Library, The Landmark Center, and, of course, the Ordway Theater. I’ve already nearly completed the library; just a few BL orders will finish that. And Ross and I have done most of the design work on the Landmark Center-- I am working out what bricks we will need to complete that.

The Ordway will be the last structure completed. We are still awaiting our LUGBULK order, which contains some bricks which are foundational to the overall project; the park itself will have to wait until it arrives.

I’ve also added a trolley line that circles the park-- not prototypical (no such trolley runs in St. Paul), but I thought it would be fun. It is based on the Excelsior Trolley #78 (My LEGO version HERE).

Ross began wiring our buildings so that we can light up the ground floors-- ahem: now we need to detail the inside of them.

Ross has also begun reworking his subway cars, but that project is on temporary hold while he travels to Japan for a few weeks.

The last project I began in May was building a few flat cars to carry around some cubed sized bricks we have been using as sculptures on the layout. Inspired by Gavyn Rogers’ build, I am building my own 10 wide version of the LEGO Köf locomotive to pull/push the brick cars.

Hopefully I can get pics of all of this work up soon!