 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 168
Re: April
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:59:54 GMT

The Open House yesterday was more like a MAD House! The TV news story of the GMLTC/TCLTC re-aired early Saturday morning, and 1,000s of people came out to see us. The wait to get into the space (we max out at 300 people I’d say) was over an hour. And they all brought their 3 year olds! We were fixing derailed/broken MOCs about every 10 minutes, so it was a long, but rewarding day.

And then it was on to the evening event: hosting the AtlasObscura Day after party. Lots of wonderfully weird people (why do you think they pick us to host their event;-) We sampled various gin drinks, and it was a fun evening as well.

All in all a good day. More on the LEGO specifics later.