 Trains / Train Organizations / 849 (-20)
  Trains 2000 (Burnaby, BC Canada): Award Won

Greetings! Today, November 12, 2000, a milestone was reached in the short history (so far) of the Vancouver Lego Club. Today, after a couple months of painstaking planning (as can be attested by the number of posts recently), we debuted at the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: GFLTC at the Orlando GATS October 28th

(...) Micheal, There is no organize club meetings planned at this time, but KK and I are thinking of getting together to take some picture of MOC. Also Dennis, Nick and I will probably be getting together to construct some new display sections for (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC at the Orlando GATS October 28th

(...) I am not too sure. Robin would know better than I. I live to far away from Tampa to participate more. Though therere is a GATS Dec 16 and 17 in Tampa according to the GFLTC Event Calender. Follow ups to lugnet.trains.org. Doug (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Connected streets( was: Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

Nice work, Eric K. One comment... "regular" MR layouts often don't connect all the streets. Since what you are doing is a seris of scenes, you often get better visual separation if you have streets run off the edge of the "map" and not connect to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  GFLTC at the Orlando GATS October 28th

Well, its me the elusive lurker again. I recently attended the GATS in Orlando and took a couple of pictures. One of the nice touches was a really neat Halloween themed train since that holiday was fast approaching. It was black, so of course it was (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

PNLTC uses black costume taffeta picked up at fabric stores -- right now it's a steal as it should be on close-out after Halloween. Also confirming, we've never been asked to show a fire rating -- and that's displaying with a great range in nature (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Vancouver Lego CLub to participate in Train Show Nov 12

Cross Posted to lugnet.trains & lugnet.trains.org Followup to lugnet.org.ca.vlc (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC at November GATS

Once again the North Georgia LEGO Train Club is presenting a layout at this years Great American Train Show in Duluth,Georgia at the Gwinnett Civic & Cultural Center on November 11th and 12th. Show times are 11am - 5pm. The layout will not only (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

You know I hear this fire proof stuff a lot from people here on LUGNET but have never been asked to provided fire proof skirts at any shows the NGLTC has done, Greenberg, GATS or even the NMRA shows. Maybe the fire standards are slacker in the south (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

Just wondering if some of you that are "train show experianced" could help us out in terms of Table Skirts. We need to get Table Skirts for our upcomming Show and would like advice as to what the rest of you use and where you bought them and how (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  wamaLTC Meeting Announcement

wamaLTC meeting announcement: Day: Sunday, November 19th Time: 10 am to 6 pm Place: Granddad's Hobby Shop demo room 5260A Port Royal Road Springfield, VA 22151-2113 (URL) is a play and build meeting (minimum business)!!! So all you train fans out (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Which to collect - 4.5v, 9v, 12v

I think 9v is most useful and popular, so you can combine train sets with RCX or any new coming electric or electronic sets. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Selling my LEGO inventory

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Harvey Henkelman writes: <snip Navy train LEGO stuff> (...) Harvey - I e-mailed you about the 4549 that you bought from me and then had to cancel, but got back that " The following addresses had permanent fatal (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Before the 'grid & tower' system, there was plywood... :-) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

We have a bunch of photos of a couple modules being built down in Mike's garage on the BayLTC page; (URL) Regards, -Z- (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) tower and grid system myself, but I had only been using one brick towers. Now if only I had more bricks.. :) (...) So when you put in the extra plate in some sections it goes tower, grid, tower, grid, tower, grid, plates, top? (...) I wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Done. Check it out at (URL) left to right: Dark grey are the 2x2 'towers'. Green is the outside wall of the section, built from 2x4 bricks. Light grey is the 'grid', notice how each 2x4 is attached to two towers, or a tower and the side wall. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Yes, please do. I was just wondering about this and reading over the old threads last night. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Ya. or if I get a chance I might LDraw something up that shows it. It does require a LOT of bricks but not nearly as many as a solid would. It's simple, and when I first saw it I said "that'll never work" but it's amazingly strong and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) I just sent the .bmp file to Jim - would there be any interest in me posting it to brickshelf? It's not a complicated system - it just requires a LOT of basic bricks... JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact