 Trains / Train Organizations / 501
500  |  502
Subject:
NGLTC May layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 18:59:08 GMT

For those of you who are planning on participating at the North Georgia LEGO
Train Club display on May 27th at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store, a
preliminary layout is available at :
I set the tables up last weekend to get a feel for the amount of track that
would be needed.

The tables will be in a "v" (21'x18') shape to fit onto the court yard in
front of the store. The side walk traffic will be coming down at the tip of
the "v" (the courtyard is laid out in a diamond shape) The stack of large
LEGO Bricks will be the back drop of our layout. There will be two train
yards, one for passenger trains and a larger one for freight cars and
engines. Also there will be a smaller layout using the mountain with a more
rural display (houses and small farms) that the kids will be allowed to
control. I'm going to be modifying a speed controller to keep the kiddies
from running the little train off the mountain side (even though I'm sure
that would be entertaining).

Let me know if there are any changes I need to make to include a piece you
are planning on bringing to include in the display.

jt

--

James J. Trobaugh james.trobaugh@ngltc.org
North Georgia LEGO Train Club www.ngltc.org