 Trains / Train Organizations / 464
463  |  465
Subject:
LTC/LUG web masters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:17:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Guys,
I just added a search engine to the PNLTC web site and thought I would pass on
my experience.

I went to Atomz.com and they have a extremely easy way to add a search engine.
You "register" with them, Name, Address... and then give them the URL to the
web site to be indexed. Then off it goes, indexes your site and replies with a
page that has raw HTML to cut and past into your home page. (Actually 2
versions, simple and complex searches). Your done!

I had one problem. When I copied the HTML from the browser and pasted it into
the "HTML" view in MS FrontPage in converted the "<" and ">" into "&LH;" and
"&RH;" or something like that. I simply pasted it into Notepad first then re
copied and pasted it, it worked fine. I suppose the copy from the browser
wasn't a text copy...

So drop by www.PNLTC.org and give it a try.
SteveB