 Trains / Train Organizations / 372
Re: NGLTC wins over local NMRA assocation!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:19:09 GMT

G. Crisp wrote in message <38D1B4A2.45114ABF@mindspring.com>...
"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

<snip>

And yes I broke down and actually join the NMRA, they're meetings are • great.
This months meeting covered "History of trains in Atlanta", it was
excellent. I'm all inspired now to build the old Union Station that was • in
Atlanta, maybe by next show I'll have it done. I need to finish my • turntable
and round house first I guess, so many projects, so few bricks and time.
<sigh>

jt

If you need inspiration, go check out the Mall of Georgia.  The food
court is actually
modeled (to scale, I think) after the interior of the old Union Station.

- Greg

Cool, I haven't actually stopped in the new Mall yet, I've been past it a
few times. First I need to find a good set of pictures of the old station.
I've seen the front a few times, but I'm trying to figure out if the trains
returned out the back or do the tracks stop inside the station. Looks like I
need do defiantly do some more research.

jt