 Trains / Train Organizations / 366
Re: NGLTC wins over local NMRA assocation!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:00:07 GMT

Or tell them that you won't be back because the NGLTC has "outgrown" the • NMRA
show...  <grin>

JohnG, GMLTC

Ha! That would defiantly be a switch for sure. To get into the show I told
them we'd fit into any space they gave us. They ended up giving me an area
6' x 20', so we ran a real long and narrow layout. At least for the next
show they asked how much space we wanted and showed us were they would like
us to be next year. So I was able to grab a 18'x20' area for next time.

I will have to say even though they razzed us a bit and kidded us some, it
was a great show. They even helped us load the van on Sunday when we packed
up.

And yes I broke down and actually join the NMRA, they're meetings are great.
This months meeting covered "History of trains in Atlanta", it was
excellent. I'm all inspired now to build the old Union Station that was in
Atlanta, maybe by next show I'll have it done. I need to finish my turntable
and round house first I guess, so many projects, so few bricks and time.
<sigh>

jt