 Trains / Train Organizations / 2816
2815  |  2817
Subject:
GMLTC to Display in St. Paul through Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:01:26 GMT

The Greater Midwest Lego Train Club’s layout is currently on display at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN as part of their annual run-up to the Christmas season. In addition to our eight “completed” modules, we are taking advantage of the working space and have already begun work on the remaining eight modules. Of course, there are other reasons to visit the Jackson Street Roundhouse besides the GMLTC layout. It is s a fully functional and restored roundhouse operated by the Minnesota Transportation Museum and there are hands-on exhibits sutitable for kids of all ages. The museum is open to the public every Wednesday (10am-4pm) and Saturday (10am-5pm). It will also be open on select Sundays in December, but please consult their web site for exact times and admission prices.

Note: For those allergic to “tiny whinies,” come on Wendesdays, because the place is nearly devoid of little visitors. Also, if you would like to see some of my Brickmania models in person, send me an email and I can bring them if they are available. I plan to be at the display every Wednesday and Saturday, but won’t be bringing too many of my own models as to keep the place uncluttered while building is in progress.