 Trains / Train Organizations / 223
Re: Web Hosting Questions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 19:46:26 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Robin Werner writes:
Hi All,

I’m planning to lock-in a club www.gfltc.org address and I know it will cost
$70 (first two years). But what about the Web Hosting part, there are
companies that charge by the month and by the year. I also guess there maybe
company or two that would sponsor us for free (if I could find them)? The best
deal I can find for our small low budget club is a free XOOM site(with pop-up
adds) linked by NameSecure.com forwarding service ($24.95 a year plus one time
$25 setup) Do any of you have better ideas or tips? How did the other LTC and
LUG do it?

Thanks for the help,
Robin GFLTC

No matter who sets up your domain, you'll still have to pay internic $35 a year
to keep your domain registered (your first bill will be $70 for the first 2
years).  As for site hosting, I've found Interland (www.interland.net) to be
about as good a value as you can find anywhere at $25 per month for 80 megs of
space (you get a discount if you pay for several months / year in advance).

Dan