 Trains / Train Organizations / 1968
Re: The NGLTC LEGO collection just got bigger.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:47:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, James Trobaugh writes:

Wow!  It is *so* unusual that LEGO would allow one of their sculptures to
fall into "civilian" hands.  Usually once a model has outlived its lifespan,
they're ground up into tiny bits.  It's great to see some models given a
'second chance'!

Nice find!  (And nice license plate on the truck, too...  <grin>)

JohnG, GMLTC

I had to sign a waiver stating that they would only be used with club
displays and that we would not sell them or use them in ways that would
"harm the brand image". We were glad to agree to those terms and save them
from being ground up.

jt