 Trains / Train Organizations / 1775
Re: NELUG logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:19:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, John Neal writes:
So I'm just sitting around procrastinating work, and I start doodling around,
and one thing leads to another, and viola:

I was just curious how it would look so I did it:-)

Now I *must* return to work:-p

-John

Hi all,

For those who might not follow the .trains.org group, John put together a
collection of Logos for various train clubs.  One popular way to design a logo
has been to take the logo of a geographically-relevant railway line that has
gone out of business, and try to modify it to reflect the local LTC.  Some of
the ones that are already in use are shown in his directory here:

The brickshelf gallery he listed above is a collection of conceptual ideas that
might be adopted.  Personally, I think it's a nice idea that we might want to
consider incorporating into our train shows - using the NELUG name in a railway
logo, that is.  Note that John's rendition of the New York/New Haven/Hartford
railway line specifically identifies us as a LUG, not a LTC.

Of course, I still love the traditional NELUG logo, and I don't think any of us
have any desire to usurp it.  I'm just thinking that it might be nice to have a
historical/fictional logo that we might make some decals of, and apply to
the various trains for our shows.

Thanks for the idea, John.  Any chance you take requests?  :P  I like the
design you came up with, but I'm even more enamored with the Logos that make
some use of geometric shapes/circular stamps/lines/icons/etc (as opposed to the
all-script NY-NH-H railway line logo you suggested).  Would you happen to have
any ideas for a defunct northeastern/new-englandish railway line logo that
might fit the bill?

Thanks again!

Shaun

(I kept the followups to both NELUG and trains.org - the former for the
relevance to the club, and the latter to solicit any ideas for "graphically
enhanced" NE logos)