 Trains / Train Organizations / 1444 (-5)
  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) Just to clarify: The only show where we were *required* to have flame-retardent skirting was the NMRA 'National' show. Our tables had a 1x3 (?) board running vertically as the outside edge, the velcro was hidden on the inside. It gave a nice (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) We were required to use fire retardant skirting at one of our (GMLTC) shows, but I don't think GATS specifically required it. It's not a bad idea to just go ahead and do it anyway, just in case:-) (...) We use velcro (and we thank the aliens (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) Don't worry about it we thought it was a requirement but it was a non-issue. (...) I got some cheep fabric from a fabric store and my Mother-in-law put a couple hems on them. We attach them to tables with tacks. (...) I can't remember exactly (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Skirts for Tables at GATS

I would appreciate any information on skirts for tables at GATS- 1)any rules or guidelines which must be followed- fire retardant? 2)style and manner of attachment to tables 3)materials and cost 4)opinions and experience on usefulness of skirts at a (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

1) We don't cover our tables with bricks (they are painted LEGO brick green), we use spring loaded clamps to hold the tables together (they're about a $1 a piece at Home Depot) 2)I always take a few pieces of cardboard with me to shim up the tables (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact