 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 201 – 220 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

(...) Hi Ram, I think, I am quite familiar with the things one can expect from LEGO. I do not understand all the optimism here in Lugnet concerning the new kids trains. The nowadays 9V train stuff is available in 99% of all toy retail shops in (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.208)

  Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track

(...) FWIW, on the page it's "Night", and "bogey". I will probably be ordering my EN today, and am too considering options. I have quite a mix of 9V and RC stuff (in fact, about 1/2 the Lego trains back to 1980) Probably I will suck it up and buy (...) (15 years ago, 30-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.208)

  7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

The much rumored dual-crossover is now available from the US Shop At Home site, (URL) This product announcement is bittersweet. The new rail set is available for R/C trains only, and I hope that readers here will do their best to adapt this design (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 4.208)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) Hi Bob, that assumption is not perfectly correct. In October 2006 a single 12V engine (powered by 2 motors) has pulled this 100 waggons train. (URL) A few months earlier we have made this attempt with a 9V engine pulling 61 cars. But we had (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 4.208)

  How to pull a long train (Was: Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea)

(...) The running resistance is a complex issue. Its main factors are: weight, speed, distance between axles, and track type (straight/curve). On the real life trains, suspension is also an important factor. On a straight track, the movement of a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) In May, I made a test (based on your information): (URL) loco (built after set 112-2) pulled 20 two-axle "oldschool" cars. 11 of them had the old wheels with traction teeth, 6 had various spoked wheels (years 1969-1990) and 3 had the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Dear train fans, once more I got a very general request from a Lego®-train-theme beginner. He wants to know, how to start into the train theme in the best way. I know most of these questins have been asked (and answered) in the past for several (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

(...) internal (...) the (...) but (...) of a (...) Must (...) I'm thinking it's probably because the set had to do *something* to ahve some play value, and this is the best that they could come up with. I think they should have just made it a real (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

(...) Hi, welcome to train the 9-12V regulator? are you talking the black and yellow think that come with 9V trains? feeding light with this regulator is "feasable", you'll have to make a wire to connect to old 12V connector with the new 9V one (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

James and All, (...) Well, I am talking from a MichLUG view, and the layouts I have seen at the shows, and of the various clubs who have had pictures and the like up. I don't think you can have an effective layout without some kind of scenery. If (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I'd just assumed that most train-heads knew that already. John, you need to open up and talk to the six-wide builders more... ;-) But what does happen if you connect a 9V battery box to a train motor is that you get not so much a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Do we have any train nuts around here?

(...) Actually, I'm just really late speaking up. 9v trains were what I initially fell for as an adult LEGO builder. In 1995 (when I had a "real" job), I went crazy and couldn't stop. I'm 9v train complete - except for I think, the newest set. I've (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: PF train motor / train speed and pulling power

(...) Ben: Wow. Thanks for the video link! It looks pretty cool running there, and the speed seems to be reasonable. I don't necessarily run my trains very fast, I just usually have 5-7 pieces of rolling stock hooked on back of the freight trains. I (...) (15 years ago, 4-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Impact of LTCs (Re: The Official "Issues List")

(...) ... (...) The thing about the 9v trains is that it is a gateway to building a train layout (conventional model railroading has a long history with adults, etc etc etc). The layout, whether a LTC or in someone's basement, will likely be (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) LDD 2.0 has a "filter" function that allows you to use only the pieces from the 10183 set, though it does not have the ability to keep track of the number of elements used from that set. The Hobby Train is LEGO© 's attempt to keep 9V trains (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: Train Stoppers

Scott A wrote in message ... (...) While I'm still rather new to trains (even though I recieved the 7722 in December if 1989), my first train project in a *long* time was a model of the VAL Metro in Lille/Toulouse (either one, both are lovely). I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.207)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) Good question - depending on my former tests, I would guess, that short 4-wheel waggons (like the lightweight barrel waggon from set 2126) with not more than 6 studs distance from wheel block to wheel block offer the lower running resistance. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 4.206)

  Re: 12v motor in 9v trains - how?

(...) Hi Mike, it took maybe 3 hours to convert the first motor. Then I did 2 at a time and needed less than 2 hours to convert 2 motors. An that included all works: making the connecting bushes, opening the housing, drill the needed holes etc. That (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.206)

  Re: Train Layout help needed

(...) Hi Anne, electrical damage is very difficult to achieve with LEGO 9V trains - usually it just doesn't work and you'll notice before any harm is done. However, your layout will work - electrically. I am somewhat curious how you plan to set the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.206)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) track (...) Simple...it takes time :) I have @500 straights, and probably 200 curves, plus 16 points of 9v, plus some 4.5V stuff on my current layout. A lot of the track is in the ramp up, with about 225 pieces between the ground and the 2nd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 4.206)

More:  Next Page >>