 Trains / 9850
9849  |  9851
Subject:
PNLTC Portland GATs event! Wow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:24:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This latest round of club train shows is very impressive.
From Supertrain2001 to the alt history of GMLTC to PNLTC's PDX GATs event.
My web-browser is exhausted!

Huge layouts are getting a lot of attention, and I think the the surge is
great.

I've just been purusing(sp?) all the photos over at the PNLTC site.
I've become familiar with many of their constructions over the past few years
as I have been able to visit show venues a couple of times, but this latest
web photo showcase is so new.  They've really done a great job of introducing
new modules, buildings, bridges, and rolling stock.  It really shows off how
much continuous creativity goes on in the private LEGO rooms of each club
member between events!

Some of the modules are getting full-brick treatment for landscapes and surface
contours.  The visual appeal is really stunning.

Kudos to plywooders and all-brickers, looks like they can co-exist in fine
form.

Wonderful city scapes, skylines, and little details throughout the layout
really get my attention.  I imagine the large building structures must have
been visible during the show from tens of feet across the room.  This must have
been quite an eye-catcher for attendees.

Good show, PNLTC, and, in particular, the Portland group.

I offer my sincere appreciation to all the clubs, photographers, and
web-posters for providing us all with a way to "be there", even if we could be
there in person.

later,
James Mathis