 Trains / 9247
  Fanciful LEGO train speculation

No, not DCC. No, no new geometry. No, there will be no large wheels for steam trains. In fact, scrap the wheels all together. Wheels are so 20th century! I think LEGO is going to release a line of mag-lev trains! OK, maybe not. Good night, Chris (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation

(...) Lets hope not, that MagLev stuff is so sterile-Harvey (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation

(...) I would be 100% guaranteed to buy that. eric (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) Latest (maybe to read ironic) spculation abaout coming Lego trains as posted on www.1000steine.de/forum/ (free translated by me): ***...*** Certainly there will be battle-engines! The "Evil-Engines" and the "Alpha-Trains". The "Evil-Engines" (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) Ben, you've struck a chord with me. When I was a child, playing with LEGO (the late 1970's) I never did connect violence with LEGO. Now when I hear young kids playing with the stuff, interest is quickly lost if they can't add guns or missiles (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) <Snipped stuff about "Evil-Engines"> (...) Well, I completely agree with all of this. When I was a child, playing with Lego (late 60's early 70's) I never connected violence with Lego either. But, what did I play? One of my brother's and my (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) <snip valid comments about LEGO falling into the violent toys slippery slope.> Very funny post. It reminded me of what I saw in the S@H catalog concerning the LEGO soccer game. The catalog referred to one of the teams as the bad guys, or the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) One of my favourites was a "gun" made of two blue rails side-by-side, shooting another rail upside-down along the top. With a good rubber band, I could shoot the length of our hallway. Don't ask me how long that was, but it looked like miles (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)