 Trains / 9170
Re: New Lego Train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:36:22 GMT

Mike Knuepfel wrote:

Hey all,

I've added some pics of trains that I have been working on recently.

Here are the Highlights:

GG-1 Electric Locomotive
Note: Eventually I plan to add decals and have the entire locomotive be red
(used green because I was short on color, but have some red pieces on the
way to my house as we speak).

Cool. Are you going to try smooth tiles instead of plates on the ends? One other
question, did you try stepping tiles in place of the 1x8 tile? That is a tough
slope to model. I guess the choices are stepped tiles or a sloped tile with some
space under it. I take it that the stepped tiles just didn't look right. I think
it will look very cool once the nose is the right color!

Oh yeah, are the middle trucks attached to anything? It doesn't look like the
engine flexes, and it is just not possible to have all four trucks attached (by
pins or swivel bricks) to the frame.

Again, Cool.
Chris

Red Passenger Car:
Note: This is just a preliminary design.  In the future I plan to use the
new bulk window and train doors.

Various Other Buildings:
Note: Just some buildings that might look nice in and around a train layout.

Some Old Train Stuff:
Note: Includes a themed train and a red diesel from my website which isn't
up anymore.

Please LMKWYT,

Mike

--