 Trains / 9104
9103  |  9105
Subject:
min/max distances for track wiring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:49:39 GMT

Hello,
I was wondering if you could share your experiences with our group.
How often, either in track pieces or actual measured length do you add an
electrical connection to your long lengths of track?
Is it better to hook up transformers at different ends of the same loop, or
just connect more wires from one transformer to different parts of the track.
In http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=4159 James Powell finds that 200 pieces
outward from a connector is the absolute maximum, but that he prefers about
100 pieces, since the switches have more resistance than the other pieces.
In http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=2724 GMLTC noted that after 65 to 70
feet, (which is about 156-168 straight lengths of track), that drag starts
to develop.
In http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=2728 the suggestion was made of making a
buspar with 12 ga wire with feeders every 25-50 feet to the track.
Thanks for your help.
Michel Magnan