 Trains / 8577
    Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms —Eric Kingsley
   (...) Chris, I was just wondering if there was a decline in performance in the enclosure as opposed to outside of it. The enclosure looks great! Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

        Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms —Chris Phillips
   (...) No, there is no apparent decline in the sensitivity of the reed switch when it is encased in LEGO. In fact, the switch that I bought from Radio Shack was originally enclosed in a plastic housing, which I removed to reduce the bulk of the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)