 Trains / 8570
  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Hi Chris, thanks for sharing this. I had the same positive results with reed sensors in my automated rail station. The station actually detects the incoming train through the well known light sensor + lamp method, but I wanted a way to distinguish (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Hi everyone. My name is Tony Hedglen and I’m very interested in automated Lego railroads. I am a member of Michlug and we are one of the newer clubs. We have done one train show so far and we won second place. I read these posts on sensors and (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Hi Tony - I haven't had a Mindstorms for long, but I've already built an automated level crossing. The Mindstorms is based around the Lego 'RCX'. This is a large brick, about the size of the old 4.5V battery boxes, but with some very special (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Tony, If you search back through the .trains and .rcx newsgroups, you'll find a few scattered gems on the topic of RCX control of 9V trains. I'll summarize some of the basics for you here: The Mindstorms RCX microcontroller brick provides (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)