 Trains / 8554
Re: Are 9V trains alive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:
Although I have speculated about the demise of the 9 volt train line in
past posts, I have it upon pretty good authority that this rumor isn't
only false, but that TLC will be expanding the 9 volt line [snip]

I hope youre right. I would like to see more kind of points, and a return to
the first 9v train models (and some 12V models where great too !). I hate
those new models (4560/4561 & 4559).
I bought some for the pieces but i don't build them. Even the roof pieces
from the 4560/4561 arent verry useful. I prefer the older (2875.dat) ones.
They lent them to build inside light in the car with the use of 5mm LED's
and technic plates, something that can't be done with the new style of roof
pieces (32083 lego number on the piece). By the way, the don't hold as good
as the old ones too. I hope that they bring back the GOOD stuf instead of
this 'cheap' pieces.

regards,
Ludo