 Trains / 8517
  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) How big are UK Signalboxes??? In the US they're waist high little electrical enclosures, no bigger than a refrigerator in most cases, often small enough to mount on a telephone pole. 3 or 4 bricks in grey should do you! Signal Towers or (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) How about the one in the background of: (URL) ,behind Foxcote Manor. I have a article on its rebuilding, if you want :) Does this answer as to how big/what Huw is thinking of making? James (The Eurotrash guy) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G51Gn9.4Lw@lugnet.com... (...) electrical (...) enough (...) These days signal boxes are rarely seen, now its all computerised. However there are a few manual ones left, I think, on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) No, but it does answer that UK signalbox=US tower ... As I suspected. So what do the UK call the little trackside electrical enclosures, then? ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)