 Trains / 7897
Re: mindstorms crossings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:31:41 GMT

kai brodersen wrote:

I dont know if anyone has done this but, making a level crossing then using
mindstorms to lower the gates?
the thought intrested my just wondering.

kai

Funny you should Mention this! I *JUST* (last night) finished a two track
automated crossing with FLASHING Lights! I'm also trying to make a convincing
'ding' sound.

It has two micro motors to switch the posts and then an X stand with flashing
lights at the top.

If anyone's interested I'll post the code and pictures.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html