 Trains / 7816
  Re: More Thomas Engines: James

(...) confused - (...) still (...) OK, quick steam lesson: Unless your name is Abner Doble, you want to put heat INTO the steam to superheat it :) Best place to do so, is in the flues, or across the back of the firebox (even better!). Typical steam (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Thomas Engines: James

James Powell wrote: <snip the informative lesson on steam which mostly went over my head> (...) The Thomas the Tank Engine website says James is based on a "Hughes Class 28 2-6-0 Superheated tender engine". I'm not too familiar with foreign steam; (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)