 Trains / 7231
7230  |  7232
Subject:
Cleaning LEGO track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 03:28:16 GMT

I've been using a product called Rail-Zip to clean my track. Besides cleaning,
it also improves conductivity without harming the plastic track itself. Pacer
Technology manufactures this and you should find these at any well-stocked
hobby shop. They come in 1 Fl. oz. bottles, use sparingly however. I wouldn't
let this stuff get into the motors of our LEGO trains, it kills tractive
effort. So clean your track separately and make sure all the residue is off
the rails before you run your trains.