 Trains / 7088
Re: Old #755 switches remote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 00:13:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christian Kloumann writes:
Question about old, blue rails switches:

Were the two points of #755 only switched manually, or could they also be
operated (remote) by an old blue extra button on the transformer?

I thought it was only the #753 and #754 that were "automatic"...

In fact you are right: 755 was just a pair of manual points and there was no
way to upgrade them to remote controlled points.

And indeed 753 and 754 have been automatic points. They have been operated by
switches which were connected to the 16V outlet of the old transformer.

Regards,

Ben