 Trains / 7036
    Re: World Record LEGO Bridge —Wayne R. Hussey
   (...) Jeff, First, to alleviate any rumors to the contrary, there is no support anywhere along the span except the string. It was placed within a couple of inches of the floor to provide a reduced amount of rail climb. The officiating took into (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: World Record LEGO Bridge —Jeff Elliott
    (...) <snip> (...) Hi Wayne, I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was challenging the authenticity of your accomplishment - I figured that since your bridge was evaluated for span length, it was able to stand unaided. From my own (shorter-span) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: World Record LEGO Bridge —Wayne R. Hussey
   (...) into (...) at (...) I also had the problem of twisting/rolling at first when a train crossed. This seemed to be reduced when I added the stretchers across the width of the span at intervals, although there was still some roll. Even before the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)