 Trains / 7015
7014  |  7016
Subject:
Coal Unloader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:22:16 GMT

I've been having another play with my coal unloader.  I finally figured out why
the chain drive multiplexer didn't work repeatably...I was pulling so far above
the slide point that it was tipping the moved motor.  So, back to a 2 moving
motor style a la Bram's ideas.

I'm going to post the code on my web page:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/LegoJPG/NLCcu.html
which is written in NQC to make use of the "Float" command.  Other than that,
the changes are minor, no code revision between this version and the last one

you should note, the photos are out of date, there are now 5 ganged touch
sensors used in the multiplexer-that or I should change the photos!  I also
have made up conveyer sections for loading into a boat..8 months or so before I
start on the boat side of the project again!

It seems to be somewhat reliable, with about a 10% chance of messing up on any
given waggon (or, about 100% chance of dumping one waggon out of a train
full...I haven't tested with a full train yet, due to a lack of track) I really
need another 10 touch sensors, so that I could sense the positions of the
pnumatic switches, and move them accordingly rather than by time alone.

James