 Trains / 6436
Re: Rheingold coach
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 05:24:13 GMT

Yep, that's drk purple! 56 2x3 low slopes each coach. 168 total for all three
coaches! They did come from the McD Happy Meals! We at PNLTC affectionately
now call them 'UnHappy Meal's'. It took 42 Happy Meals for just three coaches.
Back not to long ago the Drk Gray would have been considered rare as well
(remember when green was a big deal!).

As for the truck detail, it is not an air tank, althought I did use that
technique on another MOC. I just uploaded to BrickShelf a cad drawing of the
truck detail.
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
I just added a more completed model of a (simplified) Rheingold German
passanger coach to BrickShelf at • http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?
i=8096.  I was looking thru a train book and noticed that there was 2 gold • pin
stripes so I added them. I also changed the vestibule from Drk gray to black
to be more proto... I also created some trucks with some ~fancy decor. This • is
1 of 3 I have built. They look cool as a set (as most things do).
SteveB
PNLTC.org

Nice colours: tan, yellow(-gold) and purple-blue. Where have you got these
bricks from? I have noticed there are only sizes 1x2x1 and 1x2x2 (C-shaped).
Are the 1x2x1 in L-shape?

Kind Regards,

Ben

(whose Rheingold is black-white-blue-grey from top to bottom....)