 Trains / 6287
  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) lol-- "totally unacceptable"?? It is a pity that the new light green which comes in some plates doesn't come in the bricks one needs to properly create a Percy or a Henry, but regular green works ok IMO, especially since the 7124 Flashspeeder (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) I'm glad to hear this - I pioneered the 7 wide Lego train back in the 1970s, but nobody was looking. Necessity was the Mother of invention, I'd run out of 6 wide plates/trainy elements and had to use the leftover oddments to build some (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) Well, first off, Bill/Ben are yellow-- You must mean Percy. The saddle tank effect for them came using this element in yellow: (URL) BTW train fans, I need a few more of those buggers, so if anyone has a few to trade/sell, LMK:-) The saddle (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) My EP-2 Bipolar (also part of the GMLTC layout) is also 7 wide. It fits in well with the 6 wides but has a nice beefy look to it. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) motor (...) as a (...) of (...) No, I mean Bill and Ben - told you I was colourblind! Anyway, I've had it checked out by experts and the printing in MY book shows these guys in green. I can't wait for your picture anyway. Jon The saddle tank (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)