 Trains / 6223
  Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

Hi all. I know several LTCs ("LEGO Train Clubs" for the uninitiated) are building containers and cars to run on the PNLTC layout when then make their world record attempt in August. On behalf of the GMLTC, I'd like to make an offer: Send your (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) I am going to be at the Kidvention on the 11th and the 12th. So I can hand carry my car out to you guys. But I'm curious, how is the return of the cars and containers going to be handled? Russell (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) I'm not sure, I believe that people would send money/stamps/whatever for the return postage along with their cars. That way the PNLTC wouldn't have to pay the return postage. *Of course* the GMLTC would forward any money or stamps on to the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

I have been following these threads with much excitement and a little disappointment. I am all alone.... I thought of creating a LEGO Train Club of 1 in an attempt to rationalize a submission, but I keep thinking that a train club of one is a little (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

Christopher, I started the North Georgia LEGO Train Club with only one member and I called it a club. And after I did the first show the membership had grown to two members. My wife would kid me a lot asking how my club of "one" was doing. But now I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) No need to ask! OF COURSE your car is welcome! The more the merrier!! Make up a name (or not), make up a logo (or not), make up a car of some sort and send it to us -- we'll run it... We'll need to designate one of our club members as 'traffic (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) Hi Christopher! The First German Lego Train Club has only 3 active members, and at our last event Jan even had no chance to participate... But I started the club more or less as a possibility to get more responce from net community and other (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

John, What days will you be at Kidvention? I may come down for the 8-16, but may want to trim it down to 12-16 or something. I have a Talon with a rollbar, so can't haul a bunch of stuff, but was planning on bringing at least a steamer trunk of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) containers with other group that I could take to shows our club exhibits at. The cost of a container is low and that way we could show how wide spread LTC are. Anyone interested? Matthew Greene (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)