 Trains / 5939
  Re: Train Speed

(...) Supposedly you can enter in the diameter of the wheel to calibrate it. It would be interesting to enter in the minifig scale equivalent diameter for the wheel and get minifig-scale speed measurements. KL (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

Using 1 stud = 1.25" (which is 8 studs wide = a 10' wide train car) it ends up being 128 mph. Of course, pulling some 8 wide cars will undoubtedly slow that down a lot. Mike Poindexter Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

(...) I should note that these tests used a bare motor and a few 2x6 plates. I think the top speed with my GP-35 was about 2.5 mph or so. -chris (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

How does that compare with the scale speed of other model trains? Or in general, how does 3 mph compare with other model trains, not considering scale. (...) <snip> (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)