 Trains / 5780
5779  |  5781
Subject:
GE Diesel Locomotive - MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 21:24:04 GMT

I have uploaded some (not very good) pictures of a MOC GE Diesel Locomotive
I built.

I based this model on an actual engine
(http://www.mindspring.com/~nhvry/Images/nhv71-2.jpg) owned by the New Hope
Valley RailRoad (http://www.mindspring.com/~nhvry) which operates a train
museum out of Bonsall, North Carolina (not too far from Raleigh).

When I was building  it I was never happy with the way the trucks looked
when I used a train motor so I ended up making the engine unpowered (is that
a word?).  To power the train I built a small train car
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4528) on top of a train
motor.  I tried to make it look like something I had seen in an LGB catalog.
Because this car was so small it suffered quite a bit of wheel slippage.
Adding a boat weight brick inside has solved this problem.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh