 Trains / 5494
5493  |  5495
Subject:
My First Custom Decals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:13:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here are some pics of my first custom decals on my 14 wide Soo caboose
using clear decal sheets from Microscale®.

I used my BW laser printer and the results were less than optimal.  The
ink wanted to flake off at the drop of a pin, so I sprayed it with a
fixant and that seemed to help.  But I think it turned out ok.  Of
course, now the GMLTC has a newly acquired ALPS printer for making
decals the *right* way, so the sky will be the limit.

BTW, check out the pics of the G scale bettendorf trucks which I use for
my caboose.  *Those* are what TLC should be producing for wheels (LEGO
scale, of course).

-John