 Trains / 5185
  Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..

If they come to me and tell me that I can't call my Lego train layout that has about a half-million of their bricks in it and costs tens of thousands of dollars a Lego-modular layout, I will retort that they would prefer it to a Megablock-modular (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..

(...) I'm certainly not up on all the intricacies of trademark law, but I would think that there is a difference between what you use to describe your layout, and the name applied to a published standard. I'm just suggesting that this issue be (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..

I think that Lego is getting pretty ridiculous on their protection. Lego-modular describes exactly what it is. What else should it be called? Modular train tables using ABS automatic binding bricks? That opens the door for people to use rivtek and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..

(...) When I coined Legomodular I left the hyphen and capitalization out on purpose. Not really sure why except it seemed more suitable. Putting the hyphen back in emphasizes use of LEGO as an adjective. If there is a problem with it though, you (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..

Well, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. I think that legomodular could be claimed as deprecating a brand more than LEGO(tm)-Modular could. Either way, it would seem very silly to have their legal department crack down on a couple (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..

(...) I don't know who buys the most LEGO, or who has the most LEGO - but I think we can safely say that there are some pretty huge collections being represented on LUGNET and especially here in .TRAINS! If LEGO (the company) doesn't realize how (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)