 Trains / 4895
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:18:00 GMT

Yes, yellow is extremely rare today.  Luckily, The Construction Site has (had?) a Dacta set
that has EIGHT of them in it, so I finally have some.  Though buying a $70-80 set for 8
pieces is a bit extreme in my book, I HAD to have them ;-)

(NO, I CAN'T remember the set #, so I can't tell you if they still have it, sorry).

James Simpson wrote:

In lugnet.western, Gary R. Istok writes:

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

deciding what sets get released in the future.  Like I said, I'd definitely
support any movement to get lego to release a western-themed trainset (even
stormtroopers for that matter), but I want to see more of a commitmenttowards
making it happen from my fellow Lego users.

I saw a picture on a site of a brilliant western display made by TLG, with a
western train, that looks just perfect (the engine does anyway). It would probobly
sell like hotcakes with train fals, who want better trains and also with WW fans,
who want a western style train.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

I'm not a LEGO Train buff, but I can certainly appreciate the old western style
trains.  That is because my all time favorite LEGO model set is #396 Thatcher Perkins
(1863) locomotive.  It is built to a larger scale than the normal LEGO trains.  It has
the feel and look of an old time western train.  I have this set, and even built a
coal tender and 1800's passenger car to the same scale (but using the 2x2 smaller red
spoked wheels).

Gary Istok

I noticed that 396 has yellow macaroni bricks...those have to be extremely rare,
no?