 Trains / 4700
    Re: Train Stoppers —Scott Arthur
   At the edge of my memory, I can remember, as a kit, hearing a news story about derailers being stolen. It made the news as the items stolen were explosive in nature. I assume it would be a small charge which would be set off by the train/carriage (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Stoppers —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I believe those are "track torpedoes" which are (were) set out several hundred (thousand) yards behind a train stopped on or fouling the main. They detonate with an explosive sound when train wheels go over them, thus making an audible (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)