 Trains / 4159
    Re: Too Much Track —James Powell
   (...) Around 200 pieces is the max outward from a connector. I try to limit myself to 100 pieces (straight/curve, the points have _way_ more resistance), and it seems to work OK at that. You cannot add a 2nd transformer unless you separate the track (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Too Much Track —William A. Swanberg
   Thanks to both you and Frank for your help. I had already suspected that the turnouts had a much greater resistance (seemed to be common sense, and experimentation proved it out), but I think I also had a fundamental flaw in my layout. My longest (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)