 Trains / 3886
  electromagnetic switcher engine

Has anyone looked into the feasibility of building a switcher with an electromagnet? It seems to me it would be simple, excluding the switch for the circuit. The switch would need to be remote to allow freedom of movement to the engine. The (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: electromagnetic switcher engine

(...) I brought this idea up in lugnet.robotics a while ago. I'm interested in building an RCX controlled switch engine. The vague plans floating around in my head now involve cannibalizing a relay with the right specs to be driven by an RCX output (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)