 Trains / 3875
    Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains? —Frank Buiting
   (...) Great work! I love the detail in the models, I found it a nice resource to add detail to MOCs. Does the locomotive have a 12V motor and the tender a 9V? Is the 12V motor an empty shell or is it powered? I was thinking to experiment a little (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains? —Brian Williams
   Frank, Kathryn is powered by an old 12v motor pulling power from a dummy 9v mechanism in the tender. The old 12v motors generally run quieter, smoother, slower, and just look better for steam loks than the 9v ones. The new 9v motors, however, are (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)