 Trains / 3651
Re: Help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michael Edwards writes:
Hello Guys

I need help on pricing the following
's true vaule?

Let me know, i am waiting on trade etc..

It all depends.  What value are you trying to place on it?  Insurance
Replacement value?  Value as MISB? Value as a set to play with?

Insurance Replacement Value is simpe: Ask here for the set in the condition it
was, with no $ limit.  (I doubt your insurance company will like it, but unless
they can prove otherwise, then they fairly well have to pay...so the high
Ebay/private sale price is likely the best you can use)

Value as MISB=very close to Insurance Value.

Value as a set opened to play with= whatever the buyer and seller agree is a
fair price.

I have some (little) experence in what sort of price one off things go for,
with the model steam engines.  It usually depends on how/why you are
selling/buying.

James P