 Trains / 3547
3546  |  3548
Subject:
LEGO trains went well at Atlanta NMRA meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:27:06 GMT

I had been debating on attending the local chapter of the NMRA here in
Atlanta for a few months now, but after seeing Mike Poindexter's post I
figured that I had to go. So Sunday I got in touch with the Piedmont
Division (Atlanta NMRA-SER chapter) and found out when their next
meeting was. Well it turned out to be this Tuesday and the "Topic of the
Month" was switcher engines. So I quickly put together a couple of
switcher models from pictures I found on the NET of some real switchers.

I was a bit nervous at the meeting, but when I introduced myself to the
group, many of them were familiar with the NGLTC layouts at the local
Atlanta shows. The trains I brought were very well received and got a
lot of attention.

Currently I'm trying to get a place in their show this March for the
NGLTC, so I'm keeping my finger's crossed. Either way I'm definitely
going back next month, I really think their topics and class session can
help me in making better detailed  LEGO models. And I like the "topic of
the month", kind of keeps me inspired to make new stuff.

Now I just have to break down and actually join the NMRA, oh well...

JT

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org