 Trains / 329
328  |  330
Subject:
S@H: RR track nomenclature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 07:43:15 GMT

Here's something that's been driving me crazy for years, and finally
I have to vent:

In the S@H catalog, whenever there's a reference to a length of track,
it's always "7 [or whatever] feet of running track".  Am I insane, or
is the proper expression "running feet of track"?

Given the nit-picking that goes on over every other aspect of this
publication, the fact that no one has ever complained about this
(to my knowledge) is astonishing, leading to my doubts.  Have I just
been hearing it wrong for the past several decades?

I probably wouldn't have mentioned it now, but for the fact that
they gave a name to the Scala Ken doll after someone on r.t.l
complained last Fall about its anonymity.  Maybe Billund ignores us,
but it's possible that Enfield is paying attention.
--
Steve Jacquot
sj5w@virginia.edu