 Trains / 31562
31561  |  31563
Subject:
LMC – Electrical / Lighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:45:42 GMT

LMC (LEGO Man Cave) update – Electrical / Lighting
All Photos at BrickShelf (when approved) -
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=495727>
(via old school communications!)

Bruce Chamberlin brought up that I should have at least one power outlet per
wall and proper lighting.  I totally agree! Here’s my current plan. I will have
at least one power outlet per wall, in some cases two, and even some double
power outlets. As I mentioned before, in the layout room there will be outlets
close to the ceiling for specialty lighting as needed.

There are already four single light bulb sockets in the ceiling; two in the
Build Room and two in the Layout Room. These are all switched by a single switch
at the door on the bottom of the stairs.

The Build Room:
The light bulb socket above the “sitting area” close to the stair door, will be
replaced with a dual bulb indoor lighting fixture.  The light socket deep in the
Build Room will be replaced with a power outlet to power two hanging fixtures;
4’ dual bulb full spectrum shop lights. The light switch will still control all
ceil outlets and lights. In addition the “shop lights” will be controlled by a
remote control light switch that will be mounted next to the standard light
switch for individual control.

The Layout Room:
The light socket closet to the Display Wall area will be replaced with a power
outlet for a low voltage track lighting system with spots. This will be
controlled by the remote control light switch. There is an power outlet already
on the Display Wall wall and will be used for additional LED "puck" lighting
under the shelves for additional spot and fill lighting.  The fourth light
socket, deep in the Layout Room, will be replaced with a power outlet controlled
by the remote control light switch. This outlet and the new outlets positioned
high on the new walls will be used for somewhat elaborate lighting for the
layout.  This will be designed as the layout design unfolds.

Storage Room:
This is the 7'x25' area just behind the garage door. I will hang one or two shop
light(s) in the Storage Room with an on/off pull string at each fixture. They
will be close to the ceiling so that when the garage door is open it won't
collide.  These will draw power from power outlets positioned near the ceiling.