 Trains / 3152
Re: Metroliner at for sale at store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:17:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Asher Kobin writes:
I'm just curious when was the last know date a Metroliner was available for
purchase as a retail store or S@H?  I would guess around the year 1995-1996?
Does anyone have a more specific date or any stories revolving around looking
for (or finding) this item for sale?  When did people start looking fanaically
for this set in stores (when it was realized it was discontinued)?  Did Zany
Brainy ever sell this item?

Thanks,
Asher

The last year I ever found one on the shelves of a store was in 1995.
That was the same year it sold out at Shop At Home.

I'm sure that they continued to pop up on store shelves for some
time after that.  But the moment a set disappears from Shop at Home
is when begin to get frantic about finding it.  The shelves are
already usually rather bare of that set by the time that happens.

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"