 Trains / 31339
Re: Cereal wagon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:03:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Chris Gray wrote: > On 11-06-22 11:11 AM, ludo soete wrote: >>
Hi, >> >> Here 2 renderings of my new cereal transport wagons. I made them first
in 7 >> wide,based on the original model from Helos, see: >>
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403549 >> but all my trains are
6 wide and they couldn't pass under a overhang on my >> warehouse. So i decided
to rebuild them in a 6 wide version, and here's the >> result. >>
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ludo-soete/Train-Cars/Freight-Cars/uapps_v6_6w_top_luik_buf_ex_22.jpg
and
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ludo-soete/Train-Cars/Freight-Cars/uapps__transcereales_v4.jpg
Wow! Those are nice!
They are quite different from anything I've seen here (western Canada). Here we • have a more rounded grain car.
-Chris Gray Hi Chris, I guess you mean this kind of wagon: http://forums.photos-de-trains.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17390 and http://www.flickr.com/photos/26491560@N06/4433165322 We have them also in Europe. As you will know there are a lot of variations among cargo cars within the same 'family'. The rounded ones are much more difficult to build in 6 wide. When i have more time, i'll try it. Thanks for the reaction. Regards, Ludo