 Trains / 31242
Re: 10 Wide Thomas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 21:50:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:

   Absolutely awesome work John. I love the use of the Duplo Thomas nose, it fits in perfectly. Annie and Claribel look sweet. The power functions bit makes me very happy. It looks like he runs well in the vid. I’m tempted to build a version for PennLUG layouts now though Super Thomas is going to look a bit out of scale even with my 9 wide steam engines.

Cale

lol “Super Thomas”

I am impressed with the PF motor, although the initial investment was rather steep. Ross and I have been talking about using the PF train motor in conjunction with the 9 volt motor, getting its power from the tracks via the 9 volt motor, instead of a battery pack.

As far as scale goes: yeah, it’s big; it will look more at home with my 14 wides:-)

JOHN