 Trains / 31180
  Re: Investment for a home layout?

(...) Honestly I wouldn't even think about switching 9V if you don't already have a bunch. The IR track is far more versatile (and you can even build your own) balanced by the downside that you have to hide a battery box for power. Save your money (...) (14 years ago, 17-Sep-10, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Investment for a home layout?

(...) Build your own? Do you have any url's handy? (14 years ago, 17-Sep-10, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Investment for a home layout?

(...) Not off hand but I've seen people use the edge of a plate with bar for it. I have a vague memory seeing a link on RAILBRICKS a while back but I could be mistaken. Tim (14 years ago, 17-Sep-10, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Investment for a home layout?

(...) Yep, (URL), but look around and you'll see others using it now too. Benn (14 years ago, 13-Oct-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)